This document refers to personal data, which is defined as information concerning any living person (a natural person who hereafter will be called the Data Subject) that is not already in the public domain.
The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) which is EU wide and far more extensive than its predecessor the Data Protection Act, along with the Privacy and Electronic Communications Regulations (PECR), seek to protect and enhance the rights of EU data subjects. These rights cover the safeguarding of personal data, protection against the unlawful processing of personal data and the unrestricted movement of personal data within the EU and its storage within the EEA.
The business Tool Hire Direct LTD t/a The Hire Network, Skip UK and Accesscaff International, based at Orchard Business Centre, Orchard Road, Royston, Hertfordshire, SG8 5HD which hereafter for the purposes of this Privacy Notice will be referred to as the Hire Company, is pleased to provide the following information:
Who we are
The Hire Company is a privately-owned rental business providing plant, tool, skip hire and access equipment Hire & sales nationally throughout the UK.
The Hire Company uses the information collected from you to provide quotations, make telephone contact and to email you information concerning your enquiry.
For marketing purposes, the Hire Company may use the contact details provided by you to respond to your enquiries including making telephone contact, emailing information to you which we believe may be of interest to you.
In you making initial contact you consent to the Hire Company maintaining a marketing dialogue with you until you either opt out (which you can do at any stage) or we decide to desist in promoting our services. At all times, the business will work hard to be fully GDPR compliant.
Some personal data may be collected about you from the forms and surveys you complete, from records of our correspondence, when you visit our office, from phone calls and details of your visits to our website, including but not limited to, personally identifying information like Internet Protocol (IP) addresses and credit card details for processing of orders. The Hire Company may, from time to time, use such information to identify its visitors. Additional information may be collected from you when you visit the company, such as a copy of your driving licence or other identity documents. Copies of these documents will only be retained for the duration of the hire agreement and will then be shredded.
The Hire Company will only collect the information needed so that it can provide you with the products and/or services it provides; the business does not sell or broker your data.
Telephone calls maybe recorded for training and security reasons; call data is retained no longer than six months unless it is required longer for legal reasons.
Most vehicles operated by the business are fitted with 24/7 tracking and Dash Cam devices. In addition, the premises are equipped with CCTV camera for 24/7 security purposes. Please contact the Hire Company’s representative at the end of this document for more information.
Further information exclusively pertaining to GDPR and employees, can be obtained from the Company.
Legal basis for processing any personal data
To meet our contractual obligations to customers and legitimate interest to respond to enquiries concerning the products and/or services provided.
Legitimate interests pursued by the business
To promote our products and/or services with regard to the hire of plant, tools and equipment. To promote the hire business and the different products offered for construction and DIY projects and/or events. Communications may include direct mail, email, newsletters, telephone calls, social media and any other channels to reach those who may be interested in hiring equipment and tools.
Through agreeing to this privacy notice you are consenting to the Hire Company processing your personal data for the purposes outlined. You can withdraw consent at any time by using the postal, email address or telephone number provided at the end of this Privacy Notice.
The Hire Company will keep your personal information safe and secure, although our administration team will have access to your contact details so that they can manage your account.
The Hire Company will not disclose your Personal Information unless compelled in order to meet legal obligations, regulations or valid governmental requests.
The business may also enforce its Terms and Conditions, including investigating potential violations of its Terms and Conditions to detect, prevent or mitigate fraud or security or technical issues; or to protect against imminent harm to the rights, property or safety of its staff.
The Hire Company will process personal data during the duration of any business dealings and will continue to store only the personal data needed for eight years after any contract has expired to meet any legal obligations. After eight years all personal data will be deleted, unless basic information needs to be retained by us to meet our future obligations to you, such as erasure details. Records concerning minors will be retained until the child has reached the age of 25.
All Data is held in the United Kingdom. The Hire Company does not store personal data outside the EEA.
Your rights as a data subject
At any point whilst the Hire Company is in possession of, or processing your personal data, all data subjects have the following rights:
- Right of access – you have the right to request a copy of the information that we hold about you.
- Right of rectification – you have a right to correct data that we hold about you that is inaccurate or incomplete.
- Right to be forgotten – in certain circumstances you can ask for the data we hold about you to be erased from our records.
- Right to restriction of processing – where certain conditions apply you have a right to restrict the processing.
- Right of portability – you have the right to have the data we hold about you transferred to another organisation.
- Right to object – you have the right to object to certain types of processing such as direct marketing.
- Right to object to automated processing, including profiling – you also have the right not to be subject to the legal effects of automated processing or profiling.
In the event that the Hire Company refuses your request under rights of access, we will provide you with a reason as to why, which you have the right to legally challenge.
At your request, The Hire Company can confirm what information it holds about you and how it is processed.
You can request the following information:
- Identity and the contact details of the person or organisation that has determined how and why to process your data.
- Contact details of the data protection officer, where applicable.
- The purpose of the processing as well as the legal basis for processing.
- If the processing is based on the legitimate interests of the Hire Company and information about these interests.
- The categories of personal data collected, stored and processed.
- Recipient(s) or categories of recipients that the data is/will be disclosed to.
- How long the data will be stored.
- Details of your rights to correct, erasure, restrict or object to such processing.
- Information about your right to withdraw consent at any time.
- How to lodge a complaint with the supervisory authority (ICO).
- Whether the provision of personal data is a statutory or contractual requirement, or a requirement necessary to enter into a contract, as well as whether you are obliged to provide the personal data and the possible consequences of failing to provide such data.
- The source of personal data if it wasn’t collected directly from you.
- Any details and information of automated decision making, such as profiling, and any meaningful information about the logic involved, as well as the significance and expected consequences of such processing.
To access what personal data is held, identification will be required
The Hire Company will accept the following forms of ID when information on your personal data is requested: a copy of your driving licence, passport, birth certificate and a utility bill not older than three months. A minimum of one piece of photographic ID listed above and a supporting document is required. If the Hire Company is dissatisfied with the quality, further information may be sought before personal data can be released.
In the event that you wish to make a complaint about how your personal data is being processed by the Hire Company you have the right to complain to us. If you do not get a response within 30 days you can complain to the ICO.
The details for each of these contacts are:Tool Hire Direct LTD, attention of the Managing Director
Orchard Business Centre, Orchard Road, Royston, Hertfordshire, SG8 5HD
Telephone: 01763 250455 or email: email@example.com
Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, SK9 5AF
Telephone +44 (0) 303 123 1113 or email using the following form https://ico.org.uk/global/contact-us/email/